Date:      Thu, 26 Mar 1998 19:50:55 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>, Ashley <ashley@labyrinth.net.au>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bus error!

On Wed, 25 March 1998 at 23:56:00 -0800, Doug White wrote:

>>> What is identified as crashing in the system log?
>>
>> in /var/log/messages this is what it says...
>>
>> Mar 21 03:33:36 quasar /kernel: pid 19809 (communicator-4.0), uid 1000:
>> exited on signal 10 (core dumped)
>>
>> and then everytime after that when i tried to run enlightenment i get
>> this:
>>
>> Mar 21 03:53:28 quasar /kernel: pid 174 (enlightenment), uid 1000: exited
>> on signal 10 (core dumped)
>
> Hm...
>
>> this was not happening before the Netscape signal 10 above. :(
>>
>> any help appreciated :)
>
> Try reinstalling X from scratch, I guess:
>
> rm -rf /usr/X11R6

Sorry, I disagree strongly with this approach.  enlightenment isn't X,
and there's no reason to believe that the problem is with X.  On the
other hand, I *have* heard of problems with enlightenment, and that's
what the messages are saying.

I'd suggest backing out enlightenment and trying a different window
manager to see if the problems still occur.

Greg