Date:      Thu, 31 Jul 1997 20:58:06 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Jay D. Nelson" <jdn@qiv.com>
To:        Nathan Dorfman <nathan@senate.org>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: dvips/xdvi "mode"

epsonlq is equated to toshiba in modes.mf. modes.mf, on my system lives in
/usr/local/teTeX/texmf/metafont/misc which, I think is default for the
teTeX distribution. All you need to do is search through modes.mf for
`360' and pick one that works. Find modes.mf, find a 360dpi that works and
plug this into your dvips and xdvi config files.

You should also equate "localfont:=<what ever you pick>" at  the bottom of
the modes.mf file. I use the `nechi' definition to drive an Epson AP3260
and it works well.

-- Jay