Date:      Fri, 8 Jan 1999 18:04:05 -0800 (PST)
From:      Ian Kallen <ian@gamespot.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   login classes & resource limits under cron

On a 2.2.7 system...
I'm consuming a bunch of resources on this machine, root's cronjobs are
unaffected but mine are unable to fork.  So I thought a quick fix would be
to specify the root class for myself in master.passwd, so I vipw'd and
modified my record accordingly but to no effect.  I've read the man page
for login.conf, I just don't see this adequately explained.  How does cron
read the resource limits from login.conf?

FWIW, I tried modifying the default class too but to no avail.  Is it
because this of the limits that were in effect when I started this big
honking resource consuming job?  I'd thought that if I specify a different
class or upped the limits in the default class, I'd "re-allocate" more
resource availability to my user id.  Hmmm...
puzzled,
-Ian

--
Ian Kallen <ian@gamespot.com>				ICQ: 17073910