Date:      Sun, 19 Sep 1999 22:29:13 +0200
From:      Barry Irwin <bvi@rucus.ru.ac.za>
To:        Nguyen Huu Bach <a0981@makita.cc.gifu-nct.ac.jp>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Question <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Help:printing with samba

On Sun 1999-09-19 (15:41), Nguyen Huu Bach wrote:
> I failed to print from my Unix box (installed with FreeBSD 3.2) to Windows95
> printer (LP-1000) with Samba.
> When I print one file from the Unix box (using lpr command), there was no
> error but nothing was printed out at all. After that when I print something
> else from Windows it comes with the content of the previous file at the top.
>
> My config files are
[snipped]

> >>smbprint
> #!/bin/sh
> (
>  echo translate
>  echo "print -"
>  cat
> ) | /usr/local/bin/smbclient \\\\shuubun\\fuji -N -P
> exit 0

have you tried something aling the lines of

echo Mooo | smbprint

or echo Mooo | /usr/local/bin/smbclient \\\\shuubun\\fuji -N -P
?
this would help you narrow down where the problem is.

Also can you print to this shared printer from any other machines. Since
some printers ( specifically some lexmark and OKI printers in my
experiance) dont like working over a network.

Barry