Date:      Sat, 17 May 1997 14:31:01 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        Shawn Ramsey <shawn@luke.cpl.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: smtp server?

On Sat, 17 May 1997, Shawn Ramsey wrote:
> Does it matter where the "F{LocalIP} /etc/LocalIP options goes? I have
> this, and it still disallows everyone to use relay...Including the local
> machine! :(

It needs to come before check_rcpt and outside of any other rule.
Put it immediately before Scheck_rcpt like the example.

F{LocalIP} /etc/LocalIP

Scheck_rcpt
R$+                             $: $(dequote "" $&{client_addr} $) $| $1
R0 $| $*                        $@ ok           no client addr: directly invoked
R$={LocalIP}$* $| $*            $@ ok           from here

LocalIP allows a lot of short cuts in the rest of the rule, basically
short circuiting it if the machine is local.  It's very important to
making this version work.  Remember to include 127.0.0

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  714 443 4172
 DPC Systems / Beach.Net                                    dan@dpcsys.com