Date:      Wed, 22 Nov 2000 22:01:16 +0100
From:      Pascal Hofstee <daeron@shadowmere.student.utwente.nl>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   "Bogon" Discovered in linux.ko syscall-mapping

Hi,

Today i accidentilly stumbled over a "bogon" in our linux.ko
syscall-mapping.

Apparently the reboot-command of Linux's "libc" gets mapped to our own
libc's reboot-command, which sounds reasonable at a first glance.

I noticed though that Linux's reboot-command has additional functionality
that is (as far as i can tell) not available in our native libc.
One of those features is "disbale reboot-key-sequence".

I am almost positive that the application in question was trying to issue
one of these unsupported features ... which caused our native reboor-call
to fall back to it's default behaviour ... "Reboot the System"

--
  Pascal Hofstee      < daeron @ shadowmere . student . utwente . nl >
  begin  LOVE-LETTER-FOR-YOU.TXT.vbs