Date:      Thu, 6 Jul 2000 17:32:41 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Richard Stanaford <rsstan@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.1 disks

--- "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.osd.bsdi.com> wrote:
> I can't get DVDs mastered with long filenames (either Rockridge or
> Joliet).  The replication software at the duplicators chokes on it.
> I've tried 4 times and failed 4 times, through no fault of my own, and
> the replication houses now refuse to even consider trying again.  Both
> parties know that the replication software is broken for DVDs in this
> respect and neither party knows how to get it fixed. :-(
>
> - Jordan

Oh man..  I didn't know it was *that* bad..   8-)  And here I thought long
filename conflicts were a thing of that past.

... "Just when you thought it was safe to go back in to the water..."

Something will get figured out.  It always has in the past.  I've always
appreciated the effort of you, Jordan, and everyone else in keeping this
project going.  I have scarcely found myself able to contribute due to either a
lack of coding ability, or time, or both... I find that regrettable and I am
working to change that.

I am looking forward to the time when I can honestly say that I'm more than a
user of FreeBSD... I'm a contributer as well.

-Richard