Date:      Sun, 3 May 1998 22:41:43 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
To:        Eivind Eklund <eivind@yes.no>
Cc:        Matthew Hunt <mph@FreeBSD.ORG>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: ports/www/ijb - Imported sources

On Mon, 4 May 1998, Eivind Eklund wrote:
> Blocking software a la ijb only end up repeating the endless war between
> crackers/pirates (that's you), and those writing copy/content protection.

I beg your pardon.  I don't believe that you have any valid basis for
calling me a cracker/pirate.  You've gone a bit too far too quickly on
your moral high horse.

> I don't even remember if that was the correct case.  I remember that
> there is a California statute against 'instruments for crime' or
> information which makes things work as an instrument for crime; I'm not
> certain if it came up in the Neidorf case.  I remember having seen it in
> use about 5 years ago, and I think I remember it being in CUD.  I'd have
> to dig through old CUDs to find it - I haven't saved them (I haven't
> read CUD for 5 years or so, so it is some time ago).

This isn't the 'criminal paraphernalia' (most of the junk I haul around in
my backsack could be considered such) is it?  Thats so broad as to be
absurd.

However, since you seem to be a practicing copyright lawyer I'll have to
defer my opinions and conjecture on this issue to your expert judgements.

:)

/*
   Matthew N. Dodd		| A memory retaining a love you had for life
   winter@jurai.net		| As cruel as it seems nothing ever seems to
   http://www.jurai.net/~winter | go right - FLA M 3.1:53
*/