Date:      Wed, 5 Jul 2006 16:25:33 +0100
From:      Richard Jones <freebsd@jonze.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Vim, system locale and digraphs

I'm having fun and games getting vim to play nicely with my system
locale. It did once work, however I have no backup state to restore
from:

The problem: I cannot get vim to input and use both accented characters
and the euro symbol.

If I set encoding to latin1, it will happily input accented characters,
but not the euro symbol.

If I set encoding to iso-8859-15, it will happily input the euro symbol,
but not accented characters.

When I say input, I mean using the CTRL+K+digraph. Vim will happily
display all the symbols:

MM_CHARSET=ISO-8859-15
LANG=en_GB.ISO8859-15

Regards,