Date:      Fri, 7 Mar 1997 01:59:38 -0800 (PST)
From:      Josef Grosch <jgrosch@superior.mooseriver.com>
To:        Harlan.Stenn@pfcs.com (Harlan Stenn)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 3 button mouse problem on 2.1.6.1 ...

>I got an "EZ Mouse" 3 button mouse, Microsoft/Mouse Systems compatible.
>
>It's worked great for a while (all 3 buttons).
>
>I was getting some disk block retries, so I did a low-level format of
>the disk drive and then reinstalled 2.1.6.1 (expecting to recompile
>something more recent).
>
>Unfortunately, the mouse now only behaves as a 2 button mouse.
>
>I've tried using both microsoft and mouse systems mode with X, and on
>the Mouse Systems I've tried with and without the ClearDTR/RTS (or
>whatever) options to no avail.
>
>Any ideas?
>
>Of course, the DOS driver disk's test program is a two button test
>program...

I had  problem like this once. The mouse had a switch to select Microslime
and Mouse Systems. Well the switch stopped working and I was stuck with a 2
button button mouse. When I upgraded to a new motherboard I got a PS/2
mouse. THis one seems to be OK. IMHO most mouse just don't hold up under
serious use. It could be your's just gave up the ghost.

Josef

--
Josef Grosch       | Laugh while you can, monkey boy ! |    FreeBSD 2.1.6
jgrosch@sirius.com |          - John Warfin -          | UNIX for the masses