Date:      Sun, 18 Jan 1998 14:49:35 -0800
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        FreeBSD-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   gdb which supports elf?

Howdy,
I dowloaded John's elfkit and it seems to work rather nicely.
Made a minor mod to rtld.c, got rid of this:

   assert(!obj_rtld.textrel);

When loading a shared binary the assert was being triggered
and from the looks of it obj_rtld.textrel was set to 1 meaning
that the text region is relocatable.

Next, I try to compile gdb 4.16 however it needs modifications to support
elf shared objects. So does anyone have mods for gdb to support elf?
If no one has mods for gdb 4.16 , I will be happy to work on it.

	Tnks,
	Amancio