Date:      Mon, 9 Feb 2015 22:27:59 +0100
From:      Wolfgang Kamradek <wolfgang@kamradek.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 10.1 Installation on Acer Aspire ES1 111M C56A with eMMC SSD

Hello,

I just bought a new Acer E11 111M C56A with 32GB eMMC disc. =
Unfortunately FreeBSD completely ignores this disc during the =
installation step to auto configure ZFS or UFS.
The eMMC Disc does not show up at all.

Some Details:
- x64 Installer boots fine in Legacy mode from external USB DVD.
- ZFS auto configure finds 0 disks
- UFS auto configure stops with the following error: "Partitioning error =
- An installation step has been aborted. Would you like to restart..."
- Manual Disk Setup also stops directly with the same error as UFS auto =
configure (partitioning error)

I thought that I could maybe manually add a missing driver with a shell =
or load a missing kernel module to be able to detect the device? User =
wblock@forums.freebsd gave me a hint that this eMMC device is maybe not =
supported by mmc(4).=20

On the other hand I learned from diverse websites that it's possible to =
boot FreeBSD from eMMC devices for the BeagleBone. Also Linux =
installation, I tried arch and mint so far, is not a problem. =
Unfortunately my FreeBSD skills are limited...

Any hints are highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

\\'.=