Date:      Fri, 29 Sep 2000 11:17:58 -0700
From:      Jordan Hubbard <jkh@winston.osd.bsdi.com>
To:        Igor Timkin <ivt@logger.gamma.ru>
Cc:        Andrew J Caines <A.J.Caines@altavista.net>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: More panics (different hardware)

> > If you could get a kernel crash dump, especially with a kernel with
> > debugging symbols, that would help enormously!  Thanks.
> >
> > - Jordan
>
> After upfrade my nntp from 3.3-REL to 4-STABLE I have this panic
> evert 1-3 days:

OK, that's a panic message and something which is useful to a certain
degree, but now we have to move on to a full crash dump as I suggested.
Without a stack trace showing how you *got* to this particular
panic, debugging is difficult.  Please see the handbook section
on kernel debugging if you're not sure how to enable DDB in your
kernel and get stack traces.  Thanks!

- Jordan