Date:      Fri, 27 Apr 2001 18:30:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      FUJISHIMA Satsuki <sf@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/26888: tk-8.2.3 port will not build, package inop as well

The following reply was made to PR ports/26888; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: FUJISHIMA Satsuki <sf@FreeBSD.org>
To: metrol@earthlink.net
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2001 10:27:49 +0900

 This port is not broken. (i.e. it compiles for me)

 It seems you have bogus environment variable such as
 LIBS="-Wl,-export-dynamic -L/usr/local/lib -ljpeg -lgcc -lstdc++"

 I set it and got exactly the same output as yours.

 Unset it and try again.

 > ld -shared -x -soname libtk82.so.1 -o libtk82.so.1 tk3d.o tkArgv.o tkAtom.o tkBind.o tkBitmap.o tkClipboard.o tkCmds.o  tkColor.o tkConfig.o tkConsole.o tkCursor.o tkError.o tkEvent.o  tkFocus.o tkFont.o tkGet.o tkGC.o tkGeometry.o tkGrab.o tkGrid.o  tkMain.o tkObj.o tkOldConfig.o tkOption.o tkPack.o tkPlace.o  tkSelect.o tkUtil.o tkVisual.o tkWindow.o   tkUnix.o tkUnix3d.o tkUnixButton.o tkUnixColor.o tkUnixConfig.o  tkUnixCursor.o tkUnixDraw.o tkUnixEmbed.o tkUnixEvent.o  tkUnixFocus.o tkUnixFont.o tkU nixInit.o tkUnixKey.o tkUnixMenu.o  tkUnixMenubu.o tkUnixScale.o tkUnixScrlbr.o tkUnixSelect.o  tkUnixSend.o tkUnixWm.o tkUnixXId.o tkStubInit.o tkStubLib.o tkButton.o tkEntry.o tkFrame.o tkListbox.o  tkMenu.o tkMenubutton.o tkMenuDraw.o tkMessage.o tkScale.o  tkScrollbar.o tkCanvas.o tkCanvArc.o tkCanvBmap.o tkCanvImg.o  tkCanvLine.o tkCanvPoly.o tkCanvPs.o tkCanvText.o  tkCanvUtil.o tkCanvWind.o tkRectOval.o tkTrig.o tkImage.o tkImgBmap.o tkImgGIF.o tkImgPPM.o tkImgPhoto.o !
 tkText.o tkTextBTree.o tkTextDisp.o tkTextImage.o tkTextIndex.o  tkTextMark.o tkTextTag.o tkTextWind.o  -L/usr/local/lib/tcl8.2  -Wl,-export-dynamic -L/usr/local/lib -ljpeg -lgcc -lstdc++ -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lX11   -lc

 --
 FUJISHIMA Satsuki