Date:      Fri, 12 Jul 1996 09:57:28 +1000 (EST)
From:      Carey Nairn <cp_nairn@cc.utas.edu.au>
To:        Scott Blachowicz <scott@statsci.com>
Cc:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@Glue.umd.edu>, Gary Chrysler <tcg@ime.net>, Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>, Martin Loeffler <martin.loeffler@utoronto.ca>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: forcing a modem to hangup

On Thu, 11 Jul 1996, Scott Blachowicz wrote:

> Chuck Robey <chuckr@Glue.umd.edu> wrote:
>
> > modems, just because they eliminate two of the most commonly used
> > troubleshooting tools (front panel lights and breakout boxes).
>
> ...not to mention the [separate] power switch.  Seems I power cycle modems to
> reset state occasionally...

I actually saw an ad in a catalog for a local store for an internal modem
which had a panel which fitted in as a blank for a 3.5" drive bay.  This
had all the normal status lights AND a  reset button.  Pity the modem
wasn't much good...  All Internal modems should have something like this.

Cheers,
Carey

Carey Nairn                     ! email : Carey.Nairn@its.utas.edu.au
Infrastructure Services         ! phone : (002) 20 7419
Information Technology Services ! fax   : (002) 20 7898
University of Tasmania.         !