Date:      Fri, 1 Nov 1996 16:53:51 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Przemyslaw Goska <pgoska@ire.pw.edu.pl>
Cc:        questions@FREEBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Installing FreeBSD from ATAPI CR-DOM drive

On Wed, 30 Oct 1996, Przemyslaw Goska wrote:

> I have a problem installing FreeBSD from my IDE/ATAPI
> Philips CM-207 CD-ROM. I don`t know what to do to
> make the install programm see my drive. If you'd like
> to help me please reply. I'd be greatfull for that.

Try moving the drive to the slave position on the primary controller.

If that doesn't work, try some of the other available positions.

I assume you're installing 2.1.5-RELEASE; if for some (twisted) reason
you're installing 2.1.0 you'll need to use the atapi.flp image.  This is
included in the default boot.flp on 2.1.5.