Date:      Tue, 30 Mar 1999 01:03:07 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Tomas Klockar <dateck@ludd.luth.se>
To:        ken@plutotech.com (Kenneth D. Merry)
Cc:        dateck@ludd.luth.se, freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problem with tekram and 3.1-RELEASE

According to Kenneth D. Merry:
> Tomas Klockar wrote...
> > I tried to help a friend with a Tekram 390F SCSI card.
> >
> > I attached the source file which I got from Tekram
> >
> > this is what I did.
> >
> > cp PM300.GZ /usr/src
> > cd /usr/src
> > zcat PM300.GZ | patch -p0
> > config TEKRAM
> > cd ../../compile/TEKRAM
> > make depend
> > make
> >
> > and this is what i got

> > syscons.o: In function `scvidprobe':
> > syscons.o(.text+0x241): undefined reference to `vid_configure'
> > syscons.o(.text+0x25e): undefined reference to `vid_allocate'
> > syscons.o(.text+0x27b): undefined reference to `vid_get_adapter'
> > syscons.o: In function `sckbdprobe':
>
> [ ... ]
>
> > The source code from Tekram was supposed to be used with freebsd 3.0 not 3.1
> > that I tried it with.
> > I would epreciate all help i can get.
>
> The driver will work with 3.1, other people have reported success with it.
> However, the console drivers changed somewhat between 3.0 and 3.1.  You
> need to add a few more lines to your kernel config file before it'll
> compile.
>
> The easiest thing to do is to just use the GENERIC config file and add in
> the following line:
>
> controller	amd0
>
> Ken
> --
> Kenneth Merry
> ken@plutotech.com

Thank you, that worked

/Tomas

--
Tomas Klockar can be found at the following adresses:

Kårhusvägen 4:23      |  Furuvägen 102         |  dateck@ludd.luth.se
977 54 Luleå          |  871 52 Härnösand      |  dateck@solace.mh.se
Tel: +46-920-231335   |  Tel: +46-611-13393    |  d94-tkl@sm.luth.se
Mob: +46-70-664 33 26 |  Mob: +46-70-374 0 347