Date:      Thu, 9 Mar 2000 09:46:03 +0100
From:      Boris Staeblow <balu@dva.in-berlin.de>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@info.iet.unipi.it>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bridging broken in -current AND -stable

On Thu, Mar 09, 2000 at 07:26:52AM +0100, Luigi Rizzo wrote:

> let me doubt it. i have had a fair amount of trouble with these nics,
> maybe it's driver's fault, but still... anyways, the driver is
> not as easy to work on as others.

For future investments: which nics do you recommend?
(stable driver, speed...) fxp?

> at 10Mbit the ed does a reasonable job considering todays machines.
>  will try and have a look at the de driver some time in the future.

ok.
Which nics are capable for bridging now in -current? ed, fxp, ...?

To prevent the page faults in the upcomping release the bridging support
should be disabled in if_de.
Maybe the manpage should note the real supported nics.

Boris