Date:      Thu, 30 Jan 1997 23:42:32 +0100 (MET)
From:      Søren Schmidt <sos@ravenock.cybercity.dk>
To:        jdl@jdl.com (Jon Loeliger)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2.2-BETA Install Feedback

> In particular, I was able to attach, mount and unmount a CD
> file system, multiple times and occasionally read from it.
> It would happily read files for a while, but then it would
> arbitrarily decide to quit.  A umount/mount cycle would clear
> it up for a while, and the offending file could be read again,
> only to wedge elsewhere.  Then, after, oh, a dozen mount/umount
> cycles, it finally decided there was:
>
>     # mount /cdrom
>     cd9660: /dev/wcd0c: Input/output error
>
> and would no longer work at all.  I suspect that a system
> reboot would gain me more workable mount/umount cycles again.

Ahh, I see its the NEC 260 drive, thats a known rougue, and I
have gotten my hands on one, just havnøt had enough time to
get it to play proberly yet, it fails more seldom on my setup
than yours, making bug hunting more difficult..

Søren Schmidt               (sos@FreeBSD.org)               FreeBSD Core Team
                Even more code to hack -- will it ever end
..