Date:      Mon, 5 Jul 2004 02:07:04 +0200
From:      Harald Schmalzbauer <h@schmalzbauer.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: atacontrol Raid, cannot re-add member to array

--Boundary-02=_puJ6Aum0Qo8PnmZ

Am Montag, 5. Juli 2004 01:21 schrieb Doug Ambrisko:
> Harald Schmalzbauer writes:
> | I've never tried ataraid with "non-raid" controllers but I doubt that
> | detach/attach would work. I asked S?ren about the missing addspare in
> | -stable but never got any answer.
>
> I've add addspare and some other features in my 4.10 Release patches:
> 	http://www.ambrisko.com/doug/ata/ata_stable_sata_5.patch
>
> You might want to give that a try.

Like said at the list, thank you. But for a few hours the experimenting=20
machine from the last three days turned productive (as you can see in the=20
header).
I'm really sorry, but I'm not brave enough to try your patch with this syst=
em.=20
It's really quiet horrible if my internal mta and much more painful my IMAP=
=20
server, which is on that machine, dies.
But if I'll have a chance to test it I'll do it immediately and drop you a=
=20
note. (I have only a spare sil0680 and hopefully a FastTrak100 TX2 but this=
=20
one is perfectly sopported anyway)

Thank you,

=2DHarry