Date:      Wed, 11 Jul 2007 14:07:20 +0200
From:      Ivan Voras <ivoras@fer.hr>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: GELI cripto USB disk and fsck

--------------enig09135395F75C070EC4A88654

DSA - JCR wrote:

> 1.- The main filesystem / get overfilled, it was 108% used !! because t=
he
> USB disk files were in the mounted directory (/usb2). My question is, h=
ow
> is this possible? it was full and more, where were the files??

If you're asking "why 108%" the answer is that 8% of total available=20
space is reserved for the root user and performance optimization. Search =

the lists, this is a FAQ.

> I reboot the system after delete the files in the /usb2 directory, i
> prefer to save the / filesystem.
>=20
> 2.- When I try to mount (after this) the USB disk it says that I must u=
se
> fsck because thera are problems in the disk (logic), but I don't find a=
ny
> utility to run a fsck in a GELI cryptografied disk (or without crypto).=

> What can I do? I haven't see nothing in the handbook or man pages about=

> fsck on GELI disks.

No, you run fsck on the file system on the geli "decrypted" disk: fsck=20
/dev/something.geli

> 3.- Also, I have a problem after this, when I try to use smbutil to
> connect to Windows computers, i can't, i get an kernel error saying tha=
> "smb_util_xxx is not in the kernel" (something like that, I don't have
> here the exact message now). How can I correct this?

I don't know what smbutil is, maybe you mean mount_smbfs?