Date:      Mon, 2 Apr 2001 15:26:56 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Michael Class <michaelc@tmbbobmc.bbn.hp.com>
To:        <multimedia@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Hauppauge WinTV and VIA Apollo Pro Chipsatz -> Problem

Hello,

just a question with regards to an Hauppauge WinTV-Card, Matrox G400-AGP
on an Abit VP6 dual-proc Mobo.

I just upgraded from a Intel-BX based Board to the Abit VP6 (2x 1Ghz
Intel-CPU's, 512MB-Ram, FreeBSD-5.0 current) Almost everything works
fine. The one exception is the Hauppauge WinTV-Card.

I am using fxtv to watch TV and with the new Motherboard (based
on a via apollo pro-chipset) I am getting only approx.1/3 of the
picure (for every line from the left) if i am using full resolution
(576/768) and direct PCI-Busmaster transfer to the AGP-Card.
Low-Res (288/384) works fine. If I let the CPU transfer the data
(fxvt goes into that mode if there is some overlap from another window -
even though the Brooktree Chip could handle clipping - ) everythings
is fine (albeit a bit slow).

Just to get another datapoint, I tested this with Linux (Mandrake) with
a 2.4.2 Kernel with the exact same results.

Somewhere in the internet I have read some statements about 'problems'
of PCI-Busmaster via the PCI-AGP Bridge of this chipset (VIA Apollo
Pro 133A VT82C694X / VT82C686B)

Any one who has seen this problem too? Maybe a solution? Would
an other TV-Card work? Which one? Questions, questions ...

TIA

Michael