Date:      Tue, 16 Jan 2001 11:20:18 +0100
From:      "Klaus Kaiser" <kaiser@muc4u.net>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD. ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Problems with Toshiba Satellite Pro 4300 series

Hallo,

my new employer will use FreeBSD, so I tried to install it on my Toshiba.
They gave me a FreeBSD 3.4 to try. Afaik the are not using the newest
release, therefore if not needed I would not like to update. But if you tell
me, I have to update to solve my problems, of course I will do. I've read
'The Complete FreeBSD 3rd edition', but it did not solve the following
problems:

1. Network
I have a Xircom RealPort CardBus Ethernet 10/100 PCMCIA-Card attached, but I
have no clue how to configure it. Pointing my just to a web resource is not
very helpful, because I have no web access at the moment.

2. X
After configuring X, the server allways starts just with a resolution of
320x200. The hardware details I know are: S3 chip inside, 8k video ram,
starts with 1024x768 with 85Hz and 64K colors on Windows NT. Does anybody
has a correct Modeline to start with 1024x768 or any other hint?

Thanks for your help,     <><
Klaus