Date:      Tue, 31 Jul 2001 00:20:57 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Better patches

OK.  Here's my latest set of diffs.  Some of which I'll need to
integrate into current still.

These patches obvisate the need for users to add -I to the command
line.  In fact, I've had to disable -I until the folks using
pcic-stable.diff.13 or earlier have removed it from their
configuration....

These patches will have pccardd always ask the kernel what irq to
use.  The kernel will now now tell pccardd which irq to use in.  This
should make these patches much easier to use and to configure.

There are two patches.  First patch is
	http://people.freebsd.org/~imp/pcic-stable.diff.14a
	http://people.freebsd.org/~imp/pcic-stable.diff.14b

The first one is the kernel part of the patch, it is relative to
src/sys.  The second one is pccardd part, and is relative to
src/usr.sbin/pccard/pccardd.  It is my belief that the new pccardd
will work with the old kernel.

Please remove the "-I -i xx" from your pccardd_flags in /etc/rc.conf
before upgrading to this patch.  In an effort to have a certain amount
of anti-foot shooting, I've rigged pccardd to ignore -I for now (since
its legitimate use is likely to be extremely rare).  Future patches
may not contain the anti-foot shooting measures :-)

This patch also solves the multiple card problem for most laptops.  It
does for mine.

I'll update the pccard status page later.

Warner