Date:      Mon, 3 May 2010 15:42:06 -0700
From:      Jeremy Chadwick <freebsd@jdc.parodius.com>
To:        David DEMELIER <demelier.david@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Kernel panic when unpluggin AC adaptor

On Mon, May 03, 2010 at 11:57:28PM +0200, David DEMELIER wrote:
> 2010/5/3 David DEMELIER <demelier.david@gmail.com>:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just updated my 8.0-STABLE/amd64 today around 17h CEST, and it just
> > panics when I unplug my AC.  The current process = 11 (idle: cpu1) is
> > this related to the cpufreq and related stuff ?
> >
> > It also says cannot dump. Device not defined or unavailable so I can't
> > give you more infos now.
> >

> I can confirm that :
>
> #performance_cx_lowest="HIGH"
> #performance_cpu_freq=${performance_cx_lowest}
> #economy_cx_lowest="LOW"
> #economy_cpu_freq=${economy_cx_lowest}
>
> in rc.conf was the problem.

When these are commented out, can you provide the output from:

sysctl -a dev.cpu

Can you confirm whether or not powerd(8) is in use on this system when
it panics?  If so, does the problem go away if you disable powerd(8) but
leave in (uncommented) the above rc.conf settings?

--
| Jeremy Chadwick                                   jdc@parodius.com |