Date:      Fri, 27 Aug 1999 09:18:17 -0700
From:      Doug <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Please review: rc file changes

Oliver Fromme wrote:

> Doug wrote in list.freebsd-hackers:
>  > [...]
>  > 2. value ) instead of value) for case statements
>  > [...]
>  >      case $? in
>  > -    0)
>  > +            0 )
>  >              ;;
>  > -    2)
>  > +            2 )
>  >              exit 1
>  >              ;;
>  > -    4)
>  > +            4 )
>  >              reboot
>  >              echo "reboot failed... help!"
>  >              exit 1
>  >              ;;
>  > [...]
>
> Why?!?  I like the existing "case" style _much_ better,
> it's more readable and emphasizes the structure.

	Ok, universal acclaim in both public and private mail is for:

case $foo in
optinon )

as opposed to:

case $foo in
	option )

so I'll modify that one. It actually improves readability in some cases,
although the latter is a matter of personal style. I would really prefer to
stick with option ) vs. option) though, but if it becomes a show-stopper I
can compromise on that one too. All I ask is that people give it a chance
first. :)

Keep those cards and letters coming,

Doug