Date:      Fri, 14 Apr 2000 10:46:46 +0100
From:      "Koster, K.J." <K.J.Koster@kpn.com>
Subject:   FreeBSD/Alpha JDK port (was: JDK?)

Dear Alpha's,

I'm planning to work on an Alpha port of the JDK in the near future. You are
very likely going to see a few of my questions popping up on this list.

My first question is: is there is any way to run some kind of Java on
FreeBSD/Alpha?

I need to bootstrap the JDK build with an existing JDK. On x86 we are using
the Blackdown Linux JDK to do this. Some form of 1.2 would be best, but I am
sure that 1.1 can be whipped into shape.

    Kees Jan