Date:      Tue, 26 Mar 2002 12:30:13 +0200
From:      "Patrick O'Reilly" <bsd@perimeter.co.za>
To:        "FreeBSD Question List" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        "Giorgos Keramidas" <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>, "Mike Meyer" <mwm-dated-1017512731.7e461a@mired.org>
Subject:   Re: CVSUP doc-all - now what? [solved - part 1]

From: "Patrick O'Reilly" <peri@perimeter.co.za>

> Hi all :)
>
> I've run CVSUP on the "doc-all" collection.  Do I need to do a "make"
or
> something now?  I know this must be done when rebuilding world after
> CVSUP of "src-all", but I can't seem to find instructions on what do
> after CVSUP of "doc-all" :(
>
> I have seen a "Makefile" in /usr/doc, but I'm too nervous to just jump
> in and do a "make".  Also, that "Makefile" seems to want to run CVS or
> SUP itself, but I've done CVSUP already.
>
> Someone club me with a clue-stick, please :)

Ok, thanks to Giorgos and Mike for your pointers!

I followed these steps (given by Giorgos):
1. Install the textproc/docproj port:
 # cd /usr/ports/textproc/docproj
 # make install JADETEX=no

2. Enter /usr/doc and run `make'.
 # cd /usr/doc
 # make

3. Install the documentation to /usr/share/doc.
 # cd /usr/doc
 # make install

It worked perfectly.

I will be testing Mike's suggestion (make update), and post another
follow up later.

I was a little surprised at how many other ports came along for the ride
with the textproc/docproj port.  The dependencies included about 30
other ports (as reported by "portupgrade -nR docproj")!  Anyway, one day
I might even try to help on the 'docproj' myself, so the extra goodies
will be required :)

Thanks again for the help folks!

Regards,
Patrick O'Reilly.