Date:      Tue, 27 Mar 2001 18:19:00 -0500
From:      "Ed Henderson" <Ed.Henderson@Certainty.net>
To:        "'Michael VanLoon'" <MichaelV@EDIFECS.COM>, "'Andrew C. Hornback'" <hornback@wireco.net>, "'Joseph Gleason'" <clash@fireduck.com>
Cc:        "'FreeBSD Hardware'" <hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>, "'Mike Smith'" <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Server MB suggestions?

OK, OK!!! I give in I'm going SCSI (small cheer from the cheap seats!). =
Here is what I'm going to use:
1.  Lets assume for now that I will use a standard 2 channel SCSI =
controller (non-RAID) and will use software RAID-1 with one 36GB drive =
on each channel.  Any controller recommendations?
2.  What drives do you recommend - manufacturer, model.
3.  Should I go for 160MB/s or stick with 80MB/s drives?  I am trying to =
be reasonable in cost.
4.  I plan to have an external DDS-4 DAT tape drive attached to one of =
the channels.  Any suggestions?

Many thanks to all contributors!
Ed.