Date:      Sun, 11 Dec 2011 07:12:25 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Pedro F. Giffuni" <giffunip@tutopia.com>
To:        "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CVS removal from the base

=0A--- Dom 11/12/11, Julian H. Stacey <jhs@berklix.com> ha scritto:=0A...=
=0A> > I have to say I am surprised by all the people that=0A> > still use =
CVS (for their own good reasons).=0A> > =0A> > It still would be helpful if=
 cvs users could evaluate=0A> > OpenCVS: it's been experimental for ages no=
w. It does=0A> > seem to have some advantage (other than the license)=0A> >=
 in that it's smaller and better maintained (or at=0A> > least not too dead=
).=0A> =0A> Did you test it with =0A> =A0=A0=A0 cd /usr/src/release ; make =
release=0A> =0A=0ATBH, I don't use CVS at all. I learned to use SVN first=
=0Aand for the things I needed CVS was pretty similar to SVN=0Abut pretty o=
bnoxious when trying to check out the history=0Adue to the lack of atomic c=
ommits.=0A=0AI would prefer to just use the same SVN server for=0Aeverythin=
g.=0A=0AOpenCVS is an intermediate step, at least acceptable=0Afor GPL clea=
ning purposes, for people that just can't=0Amove to SVN right away. Still S=
VN is much better and=0Aonce we move we will not look back (IMHO).=0A=0APed=
ro.