Date:      Sun, 30 May 2010 02:13:50 +0300
From:      Kaya Saman <SamanKaya@netscape.net>
To:        Michael Powell <nightrecon@hotmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Upgrading default Apache1.3 to Apache22 port??

On 30/05/2010 02:01, Michael Powell wrote:
> Kaya Saman wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
>> It seems to have worked.... I just go into the config and check it; only
>> that part seems missing?? Maybe it's in a different place then /etc in
>> FreeBSD and I haven't worked it out yet. Even apache22 daemon is not in
>> /etc/rc.d.
>>
>> Oh well am sure will all be fine more Google'ing I think for me :-)
>>

> FreeBSD has a slightly different layout than Linux or Solaris. The configs
> and startup scripts belong in /usr/local/etc and /usr/local/etc/rc.d
> respectively.
>
> To invoke the startup script on boot up, simply place apache22_enable="YES"
> into the /etc/rc.conf file. The manual method using apachectl will still
> work at a command prompt.
>
> This is very general and you will find most things you install will operate
> this way.
>
> -Mike

Thanks Mike!! :-D

Yeah I can see what your saying now as I'm SSH'd into my server.....

It's really similar to the extra repos I have on my Solaris boxes as
they're totally odd places which is normal for them but perhaps not so
normal for the newcomer or unsuspecting!

This is cool now, all I need to do is sort out the MySQL database and
Cronjob for Cacti then get that working.

Thanks so much,

Best regards

Kaya