Date:      Thu, 26 Dec 1996 17:26:46 -0800
From:      "Mike O'Brien" <obrien@antares.aero.org>
To:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 2.2-BETA is now available

	I saw the bit where the install process no longer uses the DOSFS
mechanism.

	I use DOSFS all the time, because I run both FreeBSD and Win95 on the
same machine, and I trust FreeBSD's net stuff a whole lot more than whatever
stack Windows is using.  I wish DOSFS were in better shape, because occasionally
when I get too carried away at moving stuff around on the DOS partition while
I'm still running the UNIX side of the house, I wind up punching big holes
in my file system.

	It's always puzzled me why DOSFS wasn't a higher-priority item.  Me,
I couldn't live without it.  Do people really avoid Windows that strenuously?
I personally enjoy playing the various games available, I confess it, but
I also find that WordPro (in my case) gives a lot more value for money than
anything I can find in the UNIX world.

	No way am I giving up UNIX and if WordPro for UNIX ever came around
I'd snap it up.  But as it is, I use DOSFS, I need DOSFS, and I wish it
were in better shape.  When I become either sufficiently brave or
sufficiently unemployed I'll have to take a look at it.

Mike O'Brien