Date:      Sun, 23 Apr 2000 13:18:26 -0700
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
Cc:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Linux emulation scripting fix to be committed to 5.x and 4.x wednesday

>    I do not consider the linux scripting patch to be a major infrastructure
>    change, I consider it to be a simple bug fix.  If you have a functional
>    issue with the patch I'm all ears.  If you disagree with my assessment of
>    the triviality of the linux scripting patch, then I will ask for a
>    second opinion from someone who is not quite so jaded in regards to my
>    commits... say Jordan or DG.

   I'm sure you're right that the impact is minor. I'm a little uncomfortable
with immediate MFC's, even though I've been guilty of doing that myself at
times in the past. Can we perhaps compromise and allow for a one day delay?
At least that would catch glaring mistakes like mis-applied patches that
happen sometimes even with highly skilled developers who have only the best
intentions.

-DG

David Greenman
Co-founder/Principal Architect, The FreeBSD Project - http://www.freebsd.org
Creator of high-performance Internet servers - http://www.terasolutions.com
Pave the road of life with opportunities.