Date:      13 Aug 2000 20:08:09 -0000
From:      mwm@mired.org
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   ports/20581: current cdrecord port fails to install

>Number:         20581
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       current cdrecord port fails to install
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Environment:

	-current as of 8/13, with LOCALBASE=/usr/opt

	Trying to install cdrecord fails with the following error:
	su-2.04# make install
	===>  Installing for cdrecord-1.9
	install: /usr/ports/sysutils/cdrecord/work/cdrecord-1.9/cdrecord/OBJ/i386-freebsd-cc/cdrecord: No such file or directory
	*** Error code 71

	Stop in /usr/ports/sysutils/cdrecord.
	*** Error code 1

	Stop in /usr/ports/sysutils/cdrecord.
	*** Error code 1

	Stop in /usr/ports/sysutils/cdrecord.

>How-To-Repeat:

	cd /usr/ports/sysutils/cdrecord
	make install

>Fix:

	It appears that the build process doesn't actually build the
	cdrecord binary, so that installing it fails. Since the build
	process has been changed to something completely alien to
	anything standard on Unix, and wants to install things in a
	location that's completely alien to anything resembling a BSD
	system, I'd recommend just writing a Makefile for FreeBSD, and
	forgetting the cruft the author provided.