Date:      Sun, 12 Nov 2000 18:09:35 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Brandon D. Valentine" <bandix@looksharp.net>
To:        FreeBSD-STABLE <FreeBSD-STABLE@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   pccard install problem

I've just attempted to install the latest 4.2-BETA snap off of releng4
onto my laptop.  I have to use an xe0 card to install.  After I tell
sysinstall to use a PCCard install device and select the address space
and IRQ, etc, then I hit enter to initialize it and it freezes.
Switching to vty2 shows the following scrolling nonstop:
pid 9 (pccardd), uid 0, was killed: out of swap space

This machine is a Compaq Armada 1120, a p100 w/ 8 MB of RAM.

--
Brandon D. Valentine <bandix@looksharp.net>
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a