Date:      Sat, 14 Apr 2001 15:01:38 +0300
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@orbitel.bg>
To:        "Hartmann, O." <ohartman@klima.physik.uni-mainz.de>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: some ports do not compile!

On Sat, Apr 14, 2001 at 01:56:13PM +0200, Hartmann, O. wrote:
> Dear Sirs.
>
> Some ports won't compile. openmotfif, xv for instance do not compile
> on our systems, compilation fails with a patch error (can not find the
> appropriate file to patch). Our ports base and Mk-files are up to date
> due the fact we cvsupdate them weekly (But I did a cvsupdate today to see
> whether the problems has gone or not).
>
> Any suggestions?

Have you cvsup'd from a ports tree from a FreeBSD CD, or have you done
a clean cvsup?  If from a CD, take a look at items 11 and 12 of:

http://www.polstra.com/projects/freeware/CVSup/faq.html#caniadopt

..and see if this helps.  If this is the case, your best bet would be
to remove the entire ports tree and cvsup it from scratch.

G'luck,
Peter

--
I am not the subject of this sentence.