Date:      Thu, 19 Sep 1996 19:33:11 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@ki.net>
To:        Will Mitayai Keeso Rowe <mitayai@dreaming.org>
Cc:        Bernard Jauregui <bernard@cityscape.co.uk>, isp@FreeBSD.ORG, questions@FreeBSD.ORG, Douglas Reay <douglas@cityscape.co.uk>
Subject:   Re: Postgres95 under FreeBSD 2.1.5R

On Thu, 19 Sep 1996, Will Mitayai Keeso Rowe wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Sep 1996, Bernard Jauregui wrote:
>

> > Thanks to everyone who pointed out that Postgres95 required the SYS V
> > messaging and memory options set in the kernel.
> >
> > Unfortunately I had already though of that and they were present.
> >
> > Any more suggestions, or do I need to move to FreeBSD 2.2 as Glen Foster
> > suggests ? Hint : This would be a major pain :-)
> >
> > Bernard
> >
> You need to check your flex version too... check out
> ftp://ftp.ki.net/postgres95 or http://www.ki.net/poestgres95, or maybe
> email scrappy@freebsd.org since he's one of the co-ordinators of Postgres,
> and also runs it on FreeBSD :)

re: flex...

	There was a bug known to the 'flex-dev' team in v2.5.3, whcih caused
them to supposedly *pull* 2.5.3 from the archives until it was/is fixed...

	Essentially, if you are going to install Postgres95, either use
Flex v2.5.2 or grab README.flex from ftp.://ftp.ki.net/pub/postgres95,
which has a patch to v2.5.3 (supplied by Vern Paxson, flex maintainer).

Marc G. Fournier                                  scrappy@ki.net
Systems Administrator @ ki.net               scrappy@freebsd.org