Date:      Wed, 12 Jan 2000 11:47:18 +0100
From:      "Jimmy Hjelm" <jimbo99@telia.com>
To:        "George Cox" <gjvc@extremis.demon.co.uk>, "Jimmy Hjelm" <jimbo99@writeme.com>
Cc:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: PS/2 Mouse

> That's not good.  I'm not quite sure what you mean when you say =
'sysmouse'
> won't work.  sysmouse(4) is a driver module -- not an executable =
program.  I
> think you meant to say 'moused' doesn't work, so we'll work on that  =
:-)

Yes, you're very right.  I meant moused.  I've tried both manual config =
of rc.conf and /stand/sysinstall

>=20
> What's in your /etc/rc.conf file?  Here's what's in mine regarding =
mice:
>  =20
>   moused_enable=3D"YES"
>   moused_type=3D"auto"
>   moused_port=3D"/dev/psm0"
>=20

> see how you get on.  It's my guess that if you have 'auto' as I do =
above, you
> may have to change it for some other value -- the mouse type is not =
being
> explicitly probed.

I've now tried both "auto" and "ps/2"

>=20
> What is the output of=20
>=20
>   ls -l /dev/psm0 /dev/sysmouse /dev/mouse=20
>=20

Here's some output:

bash-2.03# ls -l /dev/psm0 /dev/sysmouse /dev/mouse
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel        13 Jan 11 16:32 /dev/mouse -> =
/dev/sysmouse
crw-------  1 root  wheel   21,   1 Dec  7 17:34 /dev/psm0
crw-------  1 root  wheel   12, 128 Nov 16 13:19 /dev/sysmouse

bash-2.03# moused -p /dev/psm0 -i all
/dev/psm0 ps/2 sysmouse generic

bash-2.03# dmesg | grep psm
psm0 irq 12 on isa
psm0: model Generic PS/2 mouse, device ID 0

Thanks a lot for helping - I really need that COM-port for an external =
modem :-)

/Jimmy