Date:      Tue, 30 Sep 1997 18:54:09 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jamil J. Weatherbee" <jamil@counterintelligence.ml.org>
To:        Brian Somers <brian@awfulhak.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Natd Problems

The configuration is whichever natd is in stable (You should remove the
port) updated I think 2 or 3 days ago.

I have a single ethernet card to a 192.168.1.x net and firewall
type="open" with rule added in rc.local

I have a ppp connection running over a modem via pppd which has worked
fine for quite some time for the local machine.

in rc.local:

natd -l -s -a mymachine.com
ipfw add 1100 divert natd all from any to any via ppp0

Let me mention that this problem only appears in machines on the local net
using netscape 4.x, 3.x, telnet, ping, traceroute, ftp etc. work fine.