Date:      Mon, 24 Mar 1997 14:23:09 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        jmb@freefall.freebsd.org (Jonathan M. Bresler)
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, jfieber@indiana.edu, langfod@dihelix.com, hasty@rah.star-gate.com, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Cool Web page interface to mail + search engine?

Yes, or even "199703242000Z.jmb@freefall.freebsd.org" 8-).

> > The major problem is that mailers which don't use the message ID
> > of the message being replied to in the generation of an "In-Response-To:"
> > or similar header.
>
> 	what software are you using to thread your messages, just curious ;)

I'm not.  I manually archive messages by topic (not subject) in elm,
and then I don't need to thread them.  But unless someone is willing
to do this for all messages, not just the ones they find interesting,
and share the results, this isn't really a good global strategy.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.