Date:      Wed, 2 Aug 2000 12:14:24 +0530
From:      Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in>
To:        Dennis Jun <dennisjun@home.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Pine/sendmail, changing from user name and domain

Dennis Jun said on Aug  2, 2000 at 01:26:23:
> Hello all. I'm a bit of a newbie, so please bare with me. I want to be
> able to send my from my FreeBSD box but with "dennisjun@home.com" in the
> "From:" field. Now I know you can change the domain in .pinerc with
> "user-domain=home.com", however that changes my From field to
> "From: cappy@home.com". Now I also know you can change that in sendmail,
> however the only option I've found changes all outgoing email from all
> accounts to "dennisjun@home.com". I am most probably looking over an
> option in sendmail, but it's a little tough for a newbie like me to
> dechiper it sometimes. I would appreciate any help. Much thanx in advance.

This showed up on the list a few days back.  You don't have to
do anything with sendmail. You can set a default
From: header in the pine config; if you get a message when sending
mail saying you're not allowed to change From, you may also need to
set a config option to allow changing from.  See
  http://www.washington.edu/pine/faq/config.html#9.5
and the link at the bottom of that section.

Rahul.