Date:      Fri, 25 Aug 2000 06:43:48 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@pike.osd.bsdi.com>
To:        =?UNKNOWN-8BIT?Q?S=F8ren_Schmidt?= <sos@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        committers@FreeBSD.org, stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/sys/dev/ata ata-all.c ata-all.h ata-disk.c      ata-dma.c atapi-cd.c atapi-cd.hh

Søren Schmidt wrote:
> sos         2000/08/22 01:41:30 PDT
>
>   Modified files:        (Branch: RELENG_4)
>     sys/dev/ata          ata-all.c ata-all.h ata-disk.c ata-dma.c
>                          atapi-cd.c atapi-cd.h
>   Log:
>   MFC:
>
>   Update with latest fixes from -current.
>
>   ATA100 support.
>   New improved probe.
>   Multisector setup more restrictive ata-disk.
>   New error recovery in ata-disk.
>   Remove sequence checks in atapi-cd

This breaks mounting of CD's with RockRidge extensions at least on
-stable.  Now when you mount a CD, it gives this error:

Aug 25 05:34:46 foo /kernel: cd9660: RockRidge Extension
Aug 25 05:34:46 foo /kernel: RRIP without PX field?

However, it does get far enough into mounting the cdrom to get it in
the list of mounts and to lock the drive:

> df /cdrom
Filesystem  1K-blocks     Used    Avail Capacity  Mounted on
/dev/acd0c     125644   125644        0   100%    /cdrom

However, there is no actual data available:

> dir /cdrom/
ls: /cdrom/: Not a directory

However, /cdrom is a directory, that I normally mount CD's on.

Also, I can't unmount it, even by force:

> sudo umount -f /dev/acd0c
umount: unmount of /cdrom failed: Invalid argument

Thus, I am stuck with a locked, useless CD-ROM drive until I
reboot.

> uname -a
FreeBSD foo.osd.bsdi.com 4.1-STABLE FreeBSD 4.1-STABLE #7: Thu Aug 24 12:34:50 PDT 2000     root@foo.osd.bsdi.com:/usr/src/sys/compile/FOO  i386
atapci0: <VIA 82C596 ATA66 controller> port 0xb800-0xb80f at device 4.1 on pci0
ata0: at 0x1f0 irq 14 on atapci0
ata1: at 0x170 irq 15 on atapci0
acd0: CDROM <MATSHITA CR-593> at ata0-master using PIO4

--

John Baldwin <jhb@bsdi.com> -- http://www.FreeBSD.org/~jhb/