Date:      Sun, 14 Sep 1997 22:08:08 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        sef@Kithrup.COM (Sean Eric Fagan)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: nfs startup - perhaps it is a problem

> In article <19970914142725.EE13458.kithrup.freebsd.hackers@uriah.heep.sax.de> J"org writes:
> >This would mean the resolver were broken.  Did you tcpdump it?
>
> That's what I asked.
>
> Several times.

The packets were dumped.  Is the tool used to do this really that important?
The fact is there were packets sent that should never have been sent
given the system configuration requiring the use of the hosts file before
bind, and the fact the data was availble in the hosts file.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.