Date:      Mon, 13 May 1996 19:08:02 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        terry@lambert.org (Terry Lambert)
Cc:        gmarco@masternet.it, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: AMIGA EMULATOR???

> > Here are the options :
> >
> > {37} /tmp/uae-0.5.3# make
> > Use one of the following:
> > make generic   -- if nothing else works
> > make withgcc   -- if nothing else works, but you have gcc

For whoever cares: the 0.5.3 version of the Amiga emulator
won't compile on Linux and it is being developed on Linux.  The
program name is "UAE" or "UNIX Amiga Emulator".

You have to Spock some ROM's (old UNIX Trek game joke), so it's
a bugger to get running (like most C64 or Apple II emulators).

It wants SVGAlib because the Linux folks haven't discovered
the X shared memory extention (apparently), but will run slowly
on X.

There are a couple of demos that don't need kickstart -- they
seem to run fine under 0.5.2.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---