Date:      Sat, 12 May 2001 02:30:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Ernst de Haan <ernst@jollem.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/26793: New port: java/ibm-jdk

The following reply was made to PR ports/26793; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Ernst de Haan <ernst@jollem.com>
To: Hye-Shik Chang <perky@python.or.kr>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org, sobomax@FreeBSD.org
Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 11:20:22 +0200

 Hi Hye-Shik,

 >  I was busy for a while for moving company. so sorry. :)

 No problem. Glad to see your `face' again :)

 >  According as Ernst's advice, I renamed the port to linux-ibm-jdk,
 >  and changed default target prefix to ${PREFIX}/linux-ibm-jdk1.3
 >  thanx very much! :D
 >  and added some messages about linprocfs according to Maxim's.

 Kewl. The diff looks good, except for these points:

 [1] I suggest using the link to the download page as I suggested in a previous
     reply to your PR (see the audit trail), it's:

      * http://www6.software.ibm.com/dl/dklx130/dklx130-p

 [2] Improve the message about linprocfs:

     > +=============================================================
     > +This port will takes cpuinfo from linux emulation's procfs.
     > +You may want to add below one line into /etc/fstab for
     > +turning it on.
     > +
     > + linprocfs   /compat/linux/proc   linprocfs   rw   0  0
     > +=============================================================

     Suggestion:

        "This Java VM will attempt to detect the number of processors by taking
         cpuinfo from linux's procfs. You may want to install the Linux
         emulation procfs filesystem. You may do so by adding the following
         line to your /etc/fstab file:

            linprocfs   /compat/linux/proc   linprocfs   rw   0  0"

 Thanks again!

 Ernst

 --
 Ernst de Haan
 Java Architect

     "Come to me all who are weary and burdened
         and I will give you rest" -- Jesus Christ