Date:      Sun, 16 Mar 1997 04:39:21 +0930
From:      leigh <lball@dove.net.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Memory Questions - single or double sided?

Hello,

This may be a silly question, but I would like to know the difference
between single sided memory and double sided memory?

Also, is it right that usally the less number of chips for the same MB
SIMM the larger the counts of memory? the quicker it is to read/write to
memory? (eg. an example - 32MB 60ns single sided has 8/9 chips, 32MB
60ns double sided has 16/17 chips).

32MB 60ns Single sided SIMM or 32MB 60ns Double sided SIMM - which is
fastest (ie. when counting)? which is better to use?

I've noticed that servers usually have single sided memory? Does this
affect memory interleaving or transfer speed?

The intel 440FX chipset, does this support 2:1 memory interleaving? 4:1
memory interleaving?

Don't want to be a pain :-)

Can anyone help with some of these questions?

A great thank you.
Leigh
lball@dove.net.au