Date:      Thu, 2 Jan 1997 14:39:45 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
To:        bmk@pobox.com
Cc:        Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New motherboard breaks tape drive

On Thu, 2 Jan 1997, Brant Katkansky wrote:

> > But I think BOUNCE_BUFFERS might be the real culprit...
>
> [I'm having the same problem]
>
> You might be on to something here.  I _think_ that I might still have
> BOUNCE_BUFFERS in my kernel as well.

I took BOUNCE_BUFFERS out (I had thought the sound card would
need it, but so far no crash...).

No change.  I still max out at about 60K/second, far short of the
100K/second that was the norm before the "upgrade".  :(

Aside from the addition of the pci bus driver, the ncr scsi
driver and the removal of the aha driver, the kernel config is
exactly the same as it was befor the upgrade.

-john