Date:      Tue, 27 Aug 2002 20:24:13 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        Bill Chambers <bfchambe@us.ibm.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: RSH client 1.29

On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 02:06:23PM -0400, Bill Chambers wrote:

> I am interested in using the RSH client version 1.29.   Do you require
> contributors to this code do so under agreement or do you otherwise verify
> that a contributor has the right to contribute what they are contributing?
> Can you tell me who else uses the code?

It's absolutely fine to make whatever use you want of the rsh source
code from FreeBSD, so long as you abide by the terms of the BSD
licence as shown in the .c files. That states essentially that you
can do whatever you want with the code so long as you maintain the
copyright notices.

If you think your work is of general interest, then by all means
submit patches back to the FreeBSD project -- the best way to do that
is via send-pr(1) and possibly by posting a message on -hackers or
whatever mailing list seems most appropriate.

As for other users of this code --- the origins of this code go all
the way back to the CSRG at Berkeley.  There will be pretty similar
code in all *BSD variants, MacOS X, and many more.  Not sure about
SysV derived systems or Linux.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                      Savill Way