Date:      Sat, 21 Aug 1999 12:54:26 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Zhihui Zhang <zzhang@cs.binghamton.edu>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Questions for vnconfig

I have successfully used vnconfig to add swap file and mount disk image
files. However, I am still not sure about the following two things:

(1) What does the count in "pseudo-device vn count" stand for?  My guess
is that if it is 2, then we can use /dev/vn0x and /dev/vn1x. If it is 1,
then we can only use /dev/vn0x. The x stands for one of those eight
partitions [a-h] in one slice.

(2) For /dev/vn0[a-h], which one from a-h should I use for which purpose?

Any help is appreciated.