Date:      Mon, 15 Mar 1999 17:47:54 +0100 (MET)
From:      Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at>
To:        "Jon M. Craig (Pazuzu)" <pazuzu@amphigory.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Wine under 3.1-RELEASE?

On Sun, 14 Mar 1999, Jon M. Craig (Pazuzu) wrote:
> Also - I've tried to compike 990226 but not had any success, has anyone got
> it to compile?  (I get a stop message complaining about a few undefined
> identifiers).

I'm building Wine some three times a week and regularily submit bug
reports to the Wine developers concerning Linuxisms or other portability
problems and these bugs usually get fixed rather quickly.

The CVS version as of three days built fine on FreeBSD 3.1, so you might
want to try a newer snapshot.

In any case, please report all FreeBSD-specific Wine issue to the
comp.emulators.ms-windows.wine newsgroup.

> Another problem - during the ./configure phase, there is a warning about
> a non-reentrant libc - yet I have libc_r installed...  Any idea how to
> fix this warning?

This, indeed, is one of the more serious remaining problems. :-(

Gerald